Rachel arrived at the University of Georgia in August 2017. Our space is being renovated, but is in a great location in the Biological Sciences building, within a stone's throw of Sanford Stadium.
Some highlights from the first month include:
1. The fantastic Cellular Biology administrative support team, who have been friendly, knowledgeable, and generally wonderful.
2. The other UGA faculty members, who have been welcoming and supportive.
3. The annual Cellular Biology retreat, hosted by the Graduate Student Association. Great science and a lovely time!
4. Starting to meet with students!
5. Getting to know the campus and its many wonderful sights and people. Rachel is especially grateful to Judy Willis (entomologist and professor emeritus in Cellular Biology) who has offered great advice and introduced her to some fantastic spots on campus.